An Anglo-Norman style villa with 6,000 m² of parklands in the east Vars seaside resort of Saint-Raphaël - ref 920903
ca. 607,00 m²
ca. 607,00 m²
ca. 6.200,00 m²
An Anglo-Norman style villa with 6,000 m² of parklands in the east Vars seaside resort of Saint-Raphaël. On the French Riviera, in the French department of Var, in Saint-Raphaels Valescure district. Bathed by the Mediterranean Sea, the town is set between Cannes and Saint-Tropez. Reached via an exit off the A8 motorway. A TGV train station is 5 minutes away. St-Raphaël and Santa-Lucia marinas are 10 minutes away. The town of Fréjus is close by, with its numerous Roman vestiges, its marina and its seafront shared by the two towns. Shuttle boat links go to Saint-Tropez and Ste-Maxime. Valescure international golf course is 2 km away. A road leads to the town centre in 5 minutes. This villa is one of the first built in the 19th century near to Saint-Raphael in the Anglo-Norman style. At this time, fascinated by the verdant countryside as well as the climate, the English aristocracy had magnificent residences constructed from Menton to Nice and along the coast to Cannes. Thus giving rise to holiday tourism which helped the economic development of the region dubbed the Côte d'Azur or French Riviera. Saint-Raphael, which was then but a fishing village, appealed to those known as winter tourists courtesy of its proximity to Cannes and the presence of the Maures and Estérel hills which protected the town from the Mistral winds. In the village of Valescure, then isolated in the midst of hills planted with pine, oak and mimosa trees, architect Jacob-Walton-Houtelet constructed a first Anglo-Norman style residence in 1886 which was purchased shortly after by Lord-Bullock-Hall. Said residence was to receive politicians, writers and personalities well-known at that time. Following his death in 1904, architect Léon-Sergent added a bow window to the facade and other features confirming the style of the villa. This building currently belongs to a family of architects who would like its appearance and Anglo-Norman charm to be preserved. The rear terraced parklands are spread out over more than 6,000 m². An old ornamental pool, in a section on the east side, has been transformed into a swimming pool. A carpark for several vehicles is laid out at the foot of the house. The villaThis recently renovated residence, constructed in keeping with Anglo-Norman style manor houses, has retained its appearance and its dusty pink hues. A stone rendering made with marble dust was made especially for this villa. A row of balusters protects the lower section of the building on the rear facade and goes up via a straight flight of steps to the main entrance. Another flight of steps on the west wing leads to the back entrance. The roofs are composed of several overhanging trusses, covered with interlocking tiles. Exposed rafters, painted white, enhance the design of the roofs. The semi-circular arched windows on the ground floor have large slatted shutters. A marble terrace, with pear-shaped balusters sloping down towards the parklands and the swimming pool, extends the large lounge. Ground floor The vestibule provides access to a large lounge, an artists workshop and a long gallery with floors covered in marble tiles featuring inlaid decoration. French ceilings go up to a height of more than 4 m. Tall, semi-circular arched French windows, with glass fanlights, let in copious amounts of light. In the large lounge with its randomly matched parquet flooring, a turning stairway with intermediate landings and open woodwork, leads upstairs. The other section of this level houses a kitchen, a pantry and a linen room which can be reached from the outside. There is also an artists studio, with a private entrance, which has been transformed into a 2-storey flat. This level spans a floor surface area of 295 m². First floor This level comprises four bedrooms, with their own bathrooms, as ...
Anzahl der Schlafzimmer: 11, Anzahl der Badezimmer: 3, Bundesland: Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur